Saturday, March 3, 2012

So my girlfriend, her sister, myself, and a couple of other friends (four females, which makes me the only male in this group) are looking at a June Six Flags trip. I did most of the planning work, and I am so excited about this trip that I already have the directions ready to be printed out.

All five of us reside within the Philadelphia region, so we're going to the one in Jackson, NJ. With that being said, we're aware that there is Great Adventures and Hurricane Harbor. I was drawn by the name Hurricane Harbor and thought that it would be more interesting than Great Adventures.

I've looked at a map for both parks to discover that Great Adventures was more bigger than Hurricane Harbor, so then my interest went back to Great Adventures. I originally was going to take a trip to both parks on the same day but decided against it because for one person, both parks would be $69 something, and my girlfriend's sister would have to drive back and fourth, so I'm not so sure if the different rides and food options would be worth the money. Plus there's already a $15.00 fee for parking.

I thought that maybe Hurricane Harbor had a bigger water park. I don't know. Does Great Adventure have a water park? I mainly want those who have already been to either parks and have the Six Flags experience but people who have NOT been to Six Flags may answer too. Also, is there a picnic area like at Dorney Park?

Does the NJ Turnpike, the Tacony Palmyra Bridge, or the Black Horse Pike have one of those dark tunnels lit by the beautiful orange lights? I LOVE those tunnels. My girlfriend and I want to have to go through those on the way there. Suggestions? Thoughts?|||This is all you need to know...Hurricane Harbor is purely a waterpark and Great Adventure is a "dry" park - it's the type that has rollercoasters, flat rides, shows, etc. (there are some water rides, like log flume and rapids ride). So basically if you just want to go on water rides (slides, pool, etc.), then HH is your answer...if you are looking forward to rollercoasters and other basic amusement park rides (skyride, ferris wheel, etc.) then go to Great Adventure. If you go to the website, you should be able to determine pretty quickly that Hurricane Harbor is just a waterpark and Great Adventure does not have a waterpark inside of it...
It's really hard to do both parks in one day - so I would advise you just to pick one, especially since Great Adventure is a pretty decent size.
I'm not sure about the picnic area...I know they have one, but I think you need to pay for it (it's used for groups and you need to reserve it...I think) - but I'm not 100% sure, you can call and ask.

Umm..and I don't know about the tunnel thing...
Hope that helps. Just look at the two websites (Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor) and check out the ride list and see which one interests you guys more.|||it just depends what your group is in the mood for. looking for thrills? then go to adventure. it's a hot day and you want to cool off? go to hurricane harbor. i've been to six flags great america which has a lot of similar rides to great adventure and it's super fun but so is hurricane harbor because i've been there too. have fun!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment